Re: Printing with emacs: Not working

From: DaveLG526
Subject: Re: Printing with emacs: Not working
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:04:40 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 1, 1:01 pm, Lennart Borgman <lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well I gave it a try but I must be missing something as a new Item
> > does not appear in the emacs File menu and no printing occurs.
>
> > Here is my .emacs file:
>
> > (require 'hfyview)
>
> See the beginning of the file hfyview.el.

(require 'hfyview)

(require 'easymenu)

(require 'htmlfontify)

;;Org-mode settings
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(global-font-lock-mode 1)

This is from my hfyview.el . With the  hfyview-quick-print-in-files-
menu t
line    thought this would add the menu  items but no luck so far.

I have the hffview.el file in my lisp folder under EmacsW32 diretory.
My .emacs file is in the EmacsW32 directoty.

>From hfyview.el

(defcustom hfyview-quick-print-in-files-menu t)
  "Add Quick print entries to File menu if non-nil.
If you set this to nil you have to restart Emacs to get rid of
the Quick Print entry."
  :type 'boolean
  :set (lambda (sym val)
         (set-default sym val)
         (if val
             (hfyview-add-to-files-menu)))
  :group 'hfy-view)

(defvar hfyview-print-visible t
  "Non-nil means show Quick Print entry on the file menu.")

Maybe my emacs file is not being read on startup..still investigating
that.

Regards.. Dave