Re: next-error for dired-find?

From: Martin
Subject: Re: next-error for dired-find?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:40:46 +0100

Mike Halloran writes:

> Is there a good way to run a file search, and use the c-x backtick (c-
> x `) (next-error) command to jump to each file?
>
> c-x backtick works with grep, and grep-find. Basically, I am looking
> to do a quick browse through each cpp file in my source tree.
>
> Any thoughts?

dired-do-isearch              M-x ... RET
   Search for a string through all marked files using Isearch.
dired-do-isearch-regexp       M-x ... RET
   Search for a regexp through all marked files using Isearch.
dired-do-search               M-x ... RET
   Search through all marked files for a match for REGEXP.
dired-isearch-filenames       M-x ... RET
   Search for a string using Isearch only in file names in the Dired buffer.
dired-isearch-filenames-regexp M-x ... RET
   Search for a regexp using Isearch only in file names in the Dired buffer.
dired-isearch-filenames-toggle M-x ... RET
   Toggle file names searching on or off.