keyboard troubles on Opensolaris

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: keyboard troubles on Opensolaris
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 10:33:24 -0600

I notice certain differences in keyboard use when running OpenSolaris
OS.  The most noticable one is emacs is that Ctrl-space does not set
mark.

Someone already showed me how to make the Alt key work like I expect.

  (setq x-alt-keysym 'meta)

That was actually the biggest annoyance.

But having to do M-x set-mark-command by hand is a close second.

Viewing the losage with C-h l I do not see anything recorded when I
press Ctrl-spc.

Whereas on a linux os I see Ctrl-spc, but if I hold just a tiny bit
longer than usual I get:<C-Hangul_Hanja>

So what can I do about the dead Ctrl-spc when running OpenSolaris?