Re: tramp and how to source remote environment

From: ramestica
Subject: Re: tramp and how to source remote environment
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 20:59:38 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 3, 11:36 am, Michael Albinus <michael.albi...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Tramp has the variable tramp-remote-path. You can add there your
> preferred paths, like
>
> (add-to-list 'tramp-remote-path "/my/path" 'append)

this is not convenient because different machines have different
paths. The logic for setting up those paths (based on the machine
name) is part of my remote bash_profile. Repeating that logic in my
local emacs configuration its simply not good.

> Maybe the following works (not tested):
>
> (add-to-list 'tramp-remote-path "${PATH}")

This does not work because in tramp-get-remote-path the function delq
removes "${PATH}" from remote-path.

Rodrigo