Adding an entry to a user option

From: Stefan Boeters
Subject: Adding an entry to a user option
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:37:24 -0800 (PST)

I'm new to Emacs -- and this might be a very basic question. But I've
invested some time searching in the FAQ, in the Emacs Wiki and in this
group, but could not find an answer.

I want to discard a warning, that often pops up and which is not
relevant in my situation. The warning self says how to proceed, in
priciple, in this case:

"You can disable the popping up of this buffer by adding the entry
(undo discard-info) to the user option `warning-suppress-types'."

But how can I achieve this? How do I "add an entry to a user option"?
Can someone suggest a piece of code to be added to the _emacs file?

I would also appreciate to pointed to some documentation where this is
described and which has (obviously) escaped me so far.

Stefan

--
Den Haag, Netherlands