Re: Message goto signature

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Message goto signature
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 19:21:22 +0100

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> The function is called "goto-signature", not "goto-end-of.article" :-)
>>

> Yes but what the point to give 'goto-signature' if it's not usefull at
> all. Why not giving 'goto-end-of-body' in the first place ?

I guess if we were to second guess every API in the world we'd be here
from now to eternity :-;

But one solution emailed to me kindly by Nikolas is:

,----
| (defun message-goto-end-of-article ()
|   (interactive)
|   (unless (re-search-forward message-signature-separator nil t)
|     (goto-char (point-max))))
|
| (defun message-cite-before-point-original-without-signature ()
|   (message-cite-original-without-signature)
|   (message-goto-end-of-article))
|
| (setq message-cite-function
|       'message-cite-before-point-original-without-signature)
`----

This searches for the regexp which define a .signature.

--
 important and urgent problems of the technology of today are no longer the
satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation