Re: Force foreground cursor color

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Force foreground cursor color
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 14:22:43 +0100

Aurélien Bottazini <aurelien@bottazini.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to make a custom color theme for emacs.
>
> I ran into a small problem.
> I would like to "force" the cursor foreground color.
>
> I have tried to do it using:
> (set-face-foreground 'cursor "#373737")
>
> but it does not work.
> For example when my cursor is over a string, I am seeing the
> foreground color
> specified for "font-lock-string-face" and not the one specified for
> "cursor" .
>
> Any ideas?

Using X, I have a ~/.Xresources containing:

#include "./.emacs.d/.xEmacs"

And in that file I have (amongst other things):

Emacs.foreground: wheat
Emacs.background: darkslategrey
Emacs.pointerColor: Gold
Emacs.cursorColor: Gold

You need to remember to merge them

xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources

Using X is much faster than setting things in your .emacs btw.

my .xEmacs file I generated using an xresources exporter from emacs
after loading the color-theme I liked best. Google will tell more.

regards

r.