Font locking issue

From: Oleksandr Manzyuk
Subject: Font locking issue
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:22:25 -0400

Dear emacs users,

I apologize if this message was already posted to this mail list, but
it seems that it was not, and would really like to receive a feedback.

I use emacs (together with AUCTeX and RefTeX) to edit my LaTeX files.
Recently I have noticed an annoying font locking issue. Basically,
emacs fails sometimes to properly fontify display math, see the
screenshots attached. Say, when I remove and insert back the bracket [
of \[, emacs fontifies at least some part of the formula, and when I
move the point the whole formula gets highlighted. Have you
encountered this behaviour? Any ideas as to how to improve it? I have
looked at variables from the jit-* group, but playing with those had
no effect. If it matters, I use Ubuntu 8.10 and emacs-snapshot-gtk.

Thanks for your time,
Oleksandr