Re: directory name completion with the compile command

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: directory name completion with the compile command
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:20:39 -0600

etay.meiri@gmail.com wrote:
Usually when I run the 'compile' command I give it some form of the
following:

cd ~/where/my/project/is/located && make

Directory name completion does not work here so I have to actually the
full path.
Is it possible to get name completion working in this case?

It's not perfect, but this provides file name completion on the F7
function key:

(require 'comint) ; comint-dynamic-complete-filename

(define-key minibuffer-local-map (kbd "<f7>") 'comint-dynamic-complete-filename)

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA