Re: newbie questions: customizing continuation lines and font for Window

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: newbie questions: customizing continuation lines and font for Windows emacs
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 12:18:00 +0100

Am 14.03.2009 um 00:09 schrieb Elias:

Also, I am trying to change the display font. I go to Options and Set
Font, and pick the font (Lucida Sans Typewriter), then go to Options
and Save Options, hoping that the font will be saved. However, the
next time I start emacs, it is set to Courier New for some reason. Is
there any way to save the font?

You can use initial-frame-alist and default-frame-alist as in:

  (setq initial-frame-alist '(
;•      (font . "fontset-global")
        (tool-bar-lines         . 0)
        (menu-bar-lines         . 2)
        (border-color           . "gold1")
        (cursor-color           . "turquoise1")
        (mouse-color            . "purple3")
        (foreground-color       . "DarkCyan")
        (background-color       . "antiquewhite1")
        (vertical-scroll-bars   . right)
        (internal-border-width  . 5)
        (top  . 10) (left . 625) (width . 80) (height . 50)
        ))

Of course you need to uncomment and substitute the values on the first and second lines. And others too ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists solutions
are things that are still all mixed up.