Single key navigation, selection, copy-paste, delete, etc. possible?

From: Foss User
Subject: Single key navigation, selection, copy-paste, delete, etc. possible?
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:57:27 +0530

Hi,

I am currently using C-p, C-n, C-f, C-b, etc. for navigating. I am
wondering if I can use vi like single-key navigation by just pressing
p, n, f, b or h, j, k, l or something similar.

I understand this is not possible because in emacs we can edit and
navigate at the same time. But there are times, when I have very
minimal editing to and more navigation or moving code around from one
section of a file to another. In such a case, I wouldn't want to
bother myself with the 'Ctrl' key.

So, in such a case I would want a mode that I can enable where
inputting text is disabled and single key navigation, single key
selection, single key copy, paste, delete, etc. are enabled. Is it
possible?