Re: [OT] Reading Emacs Tutorials

From: prad
Subject: Re: [OT] Reading Emacs Tutorials
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:25:54 -0700

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 17:32:24 +0200
Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:

> Using Emacs for editing my email messages was a pretty big step

hi giorgos!
nice to see you on this list too!

i tried using emacs for my email messages too, but found things slow
and awkward compared to sylpheed, but i think i'll give it another try
after reading what you wrote. there are certain undeniable advantages
to being able to to so many tasks from just one program!!

i've found the big think to learning emacs is utilization. if you keep
doing things with it, the stuff becomes second nature. therefore, i
found it best to learn specific things to do specific things and keep
practising those tasks. every couple of weeks you can add on something
new to learn and gradually you'll acquire a fairly large repertoire.

emacs is like life. you don't do it all at once, but you become
familiar and skilled with doing certain things at certain times when
you need to.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's