Re: Nice Emacs Lisp

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Nice Emacs Lisp
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 00:34:51 +0100

Am 18.03.2009 um 23:42 schrieb Mike Mattie:

elegant, but isn't the custom-file scribbled on by customize ?
From my memory it is really a data file, though it is elisp.

Mostly. Of course I moved the two custom-set-variables and custom-set- faces sections from my old ~/.emacs file into the customisations file first before I activated the code. Since then the *customize* buffers read from and write into my customisations file. (And from time to time I copy manually a line from one file to this or that other file. Doing the same in *customize* would cost too much time.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
                                – Douglas Adams