How to compile Emacs on Mac OS X with extra libs from MacPorts

From: an0
Subject: How to compile Emacs on Mac OS X with extra libs from MacPorts
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:20:27 -0700 (PDT)

I've been using Emacs 23 cvs on Mac OS X, but never succeeded in
compiling it with extra libraries such as jpeg and png which are
installed via MacPorts(MacPorts itself is installed under /opt/
local/).

Here is how I configure Emacs before compiling:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/ CPPFLAGS+='-I/opt/local/
include' LDFLAGS+='-L/opt/local/lib' ./configure --with-ns --with-jpeg
--with-png

And here is the summary of configure output:
What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use?
        `s/darwin.h' and `m/intel386.h'
  What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc -I/opt/
local/include
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             no
    (The GNU allocators don't work with this system configuration.)
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    no
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
  What window system should Emacs use?                    nextstep
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          none
  Where do we find X Windows header files?                /usr/X11/
include
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   /usr/X11/lib
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  no
  Does Emacs use a gif library?                           no
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?                                no
  Does Emacs use -lgpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -ldbus?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -lfreetype?                              no
  Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt?                              no
  Does Emacs use -lotf?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -lxft?                                   no
  Does Emacs use toolkit scroll bars?                     yes

Have anyone made it on Mac OS X with MacPorts? Any hints are
appreciated.