Re: intranet blogging from emacs

From: Jim Burton
Subject: Re: intranet blogging from emacs
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:14:03 +0000

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> I am exploring lightweight options for creating an (intranet) blog of my team
> members.
> What are the options for pushing out from emacs to a blog-publish share
> location?

There are several blogging modes, referred to here
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WebloggerMode , presuming you have a
server on which to install one of the apps that these modes work with. I
find posting to my wordpress site from emacs-w3m preferable to any of
these though. Everything works (i.e. no javascript required) and of
course then I can not only post but do any admin stuff on the site. It's
a bit slow, due to the server and wp, but it's OK. wp is very easy to
set up, can't comment on any other.

--
Jim Burton
jim@sdf-eu.org