Emacs23.App and odd focus issues

From: Alex Bennee
Subject: Emacs23.App and odd focus issues
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:57:20 +1100

Hi,

I'm stuck with a Mac for the next few weeks so have had to find an
emacs for it. I went for Fink's Emacs23.App build which has installed
fine. However running it from /sw/bin/emacs23 doesn't work very well.
The window comes up but the application never comes into to focus
resulting in all key presses generating the no app saw this boink
sound.

I was mainly setting this up for It's All Text and Firefox. Browsing
to /sw/Applications/Emacs.app doesn't work but manually enerting in
the full path:

/sw/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs

Does finally make it work.

Can anyone explain this weird behavior? Should emacs.app just never
be installed in a classic bin directory?

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
CV: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/cv.php