Emacsw32 on Linux

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: Emacsw32 on Linux
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:40:22 +0100

Hello,
I am trying to move from Windows to Linux. However, I have gotten used
to all the nice features of EmacsW32. It is more than CUA-mode; It is
also Win-button as meta and the setup of tab switching etc. Is it
possible to somehow add the features of Emacsw32 to a Linux-Emacs
/easily/? BTW: I use the latest CVS Emacs on Linux.

BTW: A read an old post (2006) by David Kastrup who proposed a
"themeing" feature for Emacs. I.e. that you could make Linux-Emacs
behave like Mac-Emacs (maybe Aquamacs) or Win-Emacs or vice versa. I do
not think anything like that is possible at the moment, but I think it
is a really nice idea!

Cheers,
Rasmus