Re: can american keyboard write finnish character 'ä', 'ö', 'å' in emacs

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: can american keyboard write finnish character 'ä', 'ö', 'å' in emacs?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:41:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 24, 9:36 pm, tukuniata <tukuni...@live.com> wrote:
> hi, everybody
> first of all i m new in emacs i have been reading so many tutorial about
> emacs but i m not finding a solution to my problem. i m running my emacs in
> windows xp as i plugin to cygwin. i would like to know if emacs can help me
> to write this finnish character ' ä', 'ö', 'å', with my american keyboard.
> if it is possible how can do?

C-\ toggles the input-method, which can be chosen from a large list if
you use the C-u prefix (or the first time it is used if a default
input-method is not specified in your language environment).

Possible methods for entering these characters are: TeX (use TeX
sequences), finnish-postfix (ae, oe, ???), latin-1-alt-postfix/latin-1-
postfix (a", o", a/), latin-1-prefix ("a, "o, /a), scandanavian-
postfix (a", o", aa), sgml (use SGML entities), ucs (use u followed by
unicode code point).