browse-url and URL type dependent actions

From: Crni Gorac
Subject: browse-url and URL type dependent actions
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:49:28 -0700 (PDT)

Am trying to change my ~/.emacs so that browse-url will start mutt on
"mailto:"; links, and Firefox on other types of links.  There is an
example in browse-url source code:
 (setq browse-url-browser-function '(("^mailto:"; . browse-url-mail)
                                          ("." . browse-url-firefox)))
However, instead of "browse-url-mail", I think I'd need to put "browse-
url-generic" in, and then also somehow to direct this function that
mutt should be launched (probably trough somehow setting "browse-url-
generic-program" and "browse-url-generic-args", preferably in some
kind of localized manner).  Any suggestion on how to accomplish this
properly?

Thanks.