C-s and delete under Windows

From: Ulrich Scholz
Subject: C-s and delete under Windows
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 05:59:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, under Linux, deleting while searching (C-s, type something, and
then press delete) removes letters from the search string and
continues to search.  Under Windows, the behavior is different: it
ends the search and deletes characters from my file.

How can I implement the Linux behavior under Windows?

Maybe the problem is my .emacs on Windows. I use the following:

(global-set-key [backspace] 'backward-delete-char-untabify)