emacs 23 gdb mouse set breakpoint

From: Ritchie
Subject: emacs 23 gdb mouse set breakpoint
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 21:23:42 -0700 (PDT)

I started trying out emacs 23 cvs version, and I just had a problem
while using gdb. When I use carbon emacs on mac and emac 23 cvs
version on linux, I can set gdb breakpoint by clicking on the left
fringe of the source buffer, and there would be a red dot on that
location to indicate that there is a breakpoint on that line. If you
click on the red dot again, the breakpoint would be removed.

But it's quite different on emacs 23 cvs on mac. When I try to set the
breakpoint using my mouse, the breakpoint would be set, but there is
no red dot on the left fringe. And I cannot remove the breakpoint
using mouse, if I try to click on the same location again, it will set
another breakpoint on the same spot again. It's quite annoying,
especially if you are used to the old way. I don't know if anybody is
having or had the same problem like this, is there anyway to make it
behave the old way?

Also, there is another minor issue. If I set gdb-many-windows, in both
stack buffer and breakpoint buffer, there are many ^M characters shows
up. I'm not sure what caused it. Again this is with emac 23 cvs on
mac, while the linux version works quite well.

I tried the emacs-app-devel package in macport and the nightly emacs
23 cvs builds (0.91, 0.92), they all behave the same way.

regards

Ritchie