emacs manual

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: emacs manual
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:36:13 -0400

I was just navigating my way back to a point in the Emacs Manual, the
section, `22 File Handling'.  I did `t', `m' and then typed

file h <TAB>

``[No Match]'' was the message that I got.

>From the top level of the manual, ``Files'' is the name of the section.
I remembered the last chapter name or section name I'd come across
(again, `22 File Handling') as I do when I close a book and put it down.

Isn't this a disjunction?

My post may be interpreted as a complaint, but this looked like an
example of the opacity that I sometimes perceive in the documentation of
Emacs but don't know how to verbalize.

Just looking for an explanation.