Re: emacs 23 gdb mouse set breakpoint

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: emacs 23 gdb mouse set breakpoint
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 19:34:52 +1200

Ritchie writes:
 > Well, no luck with gdb-6.8. I tried macport, there is a gdb package,
 > but after "build", it will only install three files:
 > Port gdb contains:
 >   /opt/local/lib/libiberty.a
 >   /opt/local/share/info/configure.info
 >   /opt/local/share/info/standards.info
 >
 > I then downloaded gdb-6.8 source. The compilation process did went
 > through, but when I do a "make install", it says nothing to make.
 > Looks like, we'll have to depends on Apple to release newer version of
 > gdb.

That's what I said in my e-mail: it needs 7.0 (not yet released).

 > So I'll just stick with emacs22.3 on my Mac.

That might work well enough for your needs but there are probably other
things that don't work with this version of Gdb.  In future, when Emacs
uses GDB/MI, these differences will become greater and FSF Gdb will become
more necessary.