Remote files via http

From: Eduardo Cavazos
Subject: Remote files via http
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 02:40:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!

What I'd *really* like to do is have links in an org-mode document
like:

    [[http://www.xyz.com/test.org][Test]]

I.e. refer to a file which is also an org-mode file over http. If the
link is followed, the file is retrieved and displayed as a proper org-
mode document.

Has anyone worked on anything like this?

A more general approach is to have Emacs open remote files over http.
This way, relative links in a remote org-mode document will also refer
to documents on the remote site. Is there a way to do this? I wonder
if extending Tramp would be the way to go for that...

Yet another approach would be a special link type in org-mode.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ed