Re: gnus 5.13, IMAP frolder: how to synchronize with folder contents.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: gnus 5.13, IMAP frolder: how to synchronize with folder contents.
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 21:01:26 +0200

Michal <rabbitko@tenbit.pl> writes:

Hi Michal,

> When I access my mail imap folder from many places and then go back to
> visit it with gnus I notice that it displays non-existent headers.  Is
> there a way to synchronize them with actual contents of my IMAP
> folder?

Sounds like you're using the agent with your imap servers.  So either
you stop using it (and maybe you want to use a local imap server like
dovecot instead), or you may want to try to flush the agent cache (M-x
gnus-agent-flush-cache RET M-x gnus-agent-expire[-group] RET).  Then you
can enter a group, it'll fetch the articles anew, and hopefully it'll be
correct then.  (Probably you will need to do that each time you used
another client and moved / copied / deleted mail.  The agent isn't
really designed for backends where things change...)

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Richard Stallman has a katana. 'Nuff said.