Emacs cvs (23) uses too much CPU with compilation mode

From: Felipe Magno de Almeida
Subject: Emacs cvs (23) uses too much CPU with compilation mode
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:28:04 -0300

Hi,

I can see emacs uses 80% of CPU of a 600Mhz Celeron for about 2
minutes after it gets the compiler error output.
The compiler only runs for less than 15 seconds.
It happens only when the error message is a bit big. ( > 50Kb).
It is instantaneous with emacs-22.3. I don't have to wait at all.
I'm using multi-tty, but I can reproduce it without server-start. I
also use CEDET, but
the behavior is the same without it.
Sometimes the error message is *much bigger*. And that makes it
unbearable to wait.
Is this behavior known? Is it considered a bug? Is there anything I
can do (aside from not using compilation
mode, or using emacs v22.3)?

Both emacs (emacs-23 and emacs-22.3 are compiled for console and used
through ssh).

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida