Re: gdb on a new frame

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gdb on a new frame
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 22:46:19 +1200

 >                               One thing I'm wondering is that even
 > though it is NOT the currently shown source file in the first frame,
 > the gdb sometimes uses that frame to show the execution line.
 > Unfortunately, I couldn't catch the rule when the gdb jumped to there.

Yes, I'm probably somewhat in denial.  Sometimes I've noticed that that the
source doesn't display where I want it and others have complained too.  The
problem generally is that improving it for one use pattern worsens it for
another.

> I might need to test more about this.

If you have ideas to improve the behaviour, please post them to emacs-devel.