Re: How to defun body in procedural manner

From: thierry . volpiatto
Subject: Re: How to defun body in procedural manner
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:51:23 +0200

Kiwon Um <um.kiwon@gmail.com> writes:

> On Apr 17, 2:52 pm, thierry.volpia...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi, i don't use cvs, but you should have a look at what return:
>> `cvs-sentinel'.
>> and:
>> (when (cvs-sentinel ==> return_what_you_want)
>>   (shell-command "your_command"))
>>

> I've tried to understand what the cvs-sentinel function does, but I
> didn't. Would you write a concrete example code for me, please?

Yes, as i told you i am not a cvs user, so...
it seem cvs-sentinel return only a message :-(
So try that, i just write it and it worked to update emacs-w3m and compile
it:

(defun update-cvs-dir-and-compile ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((dir default-directory))
    (cvs-update dir nil)
    (while (not (equal cvs-mode-line-process "exit"))
      (sit-for 1))
    (shell-command "make")))

Modify for your need (make args ...etc..)