Re: Compleet buffer to clipboard

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Compleet buffer to clipboard
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:58:49 -0500

B. T. Raven wrote:
Decebal wrote:
On 18 apr, 18:27, "Drew Adams" <drew.ad...@oracle.com> wrote:
A lot of times I want to copy the complete buffer to the clipboard.
This is possible with: C-x h M-w
But one of the complications is that you lose your cursor position.
C-u C-SPC  C-u C-SPC should take you back where you were.

I did not know that. But I prefer my solution. ;-}
I find it easier and faster to do:
    C-c C-a
then to do:
    C-x h
    M-w
    C-u C-SPC
    C-u C-SPC

What is C-c C-a bound to? It's undefined here. In any case your solution involves two more (unnecessary) key chords than Drew's

Or do you mean ... easier ..... THAN to do: ???

Oops! I read Drew's answer but not the o.p.

This also doesn't seem to mess with the mark or at least the docs say "In Transient Mark mode, deactivate the mark."

 (defun buffer-yank()
      (interactive)
      (kill-ring-save(point-min)(point-max)))

    (global-set-key (kbd "C-c C-a") 'buffer-yank)

Does your version cut from the original buffer or just copy?