Re: Frame resize hook?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Frame resize hook?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:58:00 +0200

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente
<magnicida@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, but I get into infinite recursion and stack overflow as
>>> ecb-layout-redraw also changes window configuration :p
>>
>> You have to protect against that by let-binding the hook.
>>

> I don't understand very well what you mean. Can you please give me a
> further explanation? I'm a newbie on elisp.

You can override the value of a a variable through dynamic binding,
see for example

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DynamicBindingVsLexicalBinding

In your case you can use something like this in the function
(your-hook-fun) you put in the hook:

(defun your-hook-fun ()
  (let ((window-configuration-change-hook nil))
    ))