Re: Annotating Info Pages?

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: Annotating Info Pages?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:56:09 -0400

thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com writes:

    ipa.el is for writing annotation in files and bookmarks to bookmark file
    names or directory name.

Um, you can Bookmark any point---in the strictest sense, mind you, you
can have point return to its exact position with Bookmarks---not just to
file or directory names.  _And_ Bookmarks' annotation functionality is
way simple with `e' to edit the annotation of a bookmark and C-c C-c to
save.

    So that's two things completely differents.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say Thierry.

    > Actually, I don't know much about either option.  I figured that
    > Bookmarks would allow me to mark a spot and give it a name or some
    > brief description so that I could get back to it quickly.  By
    > annotating I mean writing extensive notes and attaching them to a
    > given paragraph or word or something along those lines.  If I can do
    > that with Bookmarks then that's a nice win.  Probably at some point
    > today I'll read up on both.  I'll send out my decision for those who
    > are interested.

    So i i said above, bookmarks are not designed to do what you want.

(info "(emacs) Bookmarks")