Re: Annotating Info Pages?

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: Annotating Info Pages?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:00:15 -0400

thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com writes:

    AFAIK we can bookmark only files an dirs.
                 ^^^^^^^^

Isn't an info file a file???

    What the OP want is writing personnal annotations  in the (info) file.
    Not in the annotations of bookmark, like that you can keep reading your
    file with your personnal annotations added in different places.

Uh-huh.  And how is what I am saying to him different from what your
original response said to him???

>From ipa.el:

;;; Commentary:

;;; With this package you can add annotations to your files without
;;; modifying them. Each file can have multiple annotations at various
;;; buffer positions. The annotation texts are not parts of the files,
;;; they are stored separately.
;;;
;;; All annotations are stored in a common file, so searching
;;; annotations is trivial.

This is what I suggested the original poster do using something that is
already in GNU/Emacs.

    Eval it and try to bookmark it...

No, Thierry, you eval it and read it, and I'd suggest doing `C-h m' (in
a *Bookmark List* buffer) when you finally take the time to explore what
it is that I am speaking of.

Sorry for the harsh language, but, judging from the commentary of
ipa.el, GNU/Emacs already does what you're suggesting the original
poster do with it.