Re: Annotating Info Pages?

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: Annotating Info Pages?
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 19:31:22 -0400

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

    Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> writes:

    > Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:
    >
    >     I'm literally gobsmacked ....
    >
    > Speechless, but not?  I had to look that word up---it's a relatively new
    > word---I went in thinking it meant you're a poor reader and writer.

    No. I was wondering if you were trolling to be honest as the following
    phrase from you ..

    ,----
    | > directory of each project.  As stream-of-consciousness as the worksheets
    | > are, and hence profuse with elipses, I have never been able to afford
    | > myself the use of brackets.
    `----

     .. did not tie in with your next sentence:

While you were wondering instead of reading, my first paragraph was
meaning something.  Something very important to me.

And my second paragraph---set off by just that, a blank line, or
paragraph and not necessarily hypotactically so, was a sincere apology.

    ,----
    | > And sorry about the `agression' earlier, it was an infantile wish to do
    | > away with some frustrating communication.
    `----

    .. as basically I could hardly understand a word of that first part :-;

That's what I meant about your poor reading.  You know what is the most
instructive thing I have ever heard said about reading and writing?
That strong readers are strong writers.

Maybe instead of worrying about GNU/Emacs being in contention for the
strongest IDE, you should try using it for learning how to read and
write well---ostensibly, as the strongest _text_ editor that I know of.

I dread the day GNU/Emacs becomes Eclipse.