Re: python setup ?

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: python setup ?
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:42:52 +0200

Richard Riley wrote:
> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:
>

>> Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am starting to do some work with python. I am looking for
>>> options/setups to introduce into my .emacs file to have the best
>>> experience possible with this scripting language.
>>>
>>> Where should I start ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>>     Xavier
>>>
>> I played with some python options last year and it was, unfortunately,
>> rather messy. There were some conflicts between packages any python
>> versions. For what its worth, the following was working back when with
>> emacs 23:
>>
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/PythonMode#toc11
>> http://richardriley.net/projects/emacs/dotprogramming#sec-1.3
>>
>> It includes autocompletion from autocomplete using pysmell. Another
>> possible integration for eclim and the eclipse engine I would have
>> thought.
>>
>> The iPython bit is commented out - I can't remember why off the top of
>> my head.  The pymacs git repository seems dead too unfortunately.
>>
>> The python-mode used is 5.1.0.
>>

> Just to follow up, I re-enabled the ipython bit and it worked fine. I
> had ipython 0.9.1 installed.
>
> The python config (for Linux) is then done in
> ~/.ipython/ipy_user_conf.py

Hi,

I've changed python-mode a little bit.
Purpose was to make movements a little bit easier,
more predictible.

Comments welcome.

BTW have a look at pydb from Rocky Bernstein, if not done already.

Andreas

--
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/python-mode.el/files
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/