Configure external image viewer?

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Configure external image viewer?
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:22:43 GMT

Is it possible to configure what image viewer Gnus will use for viewing
attached images?

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux and currently Gnus opens ImageMagick program
when I click those attachment buttons:

    [2. image/jpeg; file.jpg]

ImageMagick opens but it does not actually show the image. Even if it
did work I'd prefer some other viewer like Gwenview of "kfmclient exec".
I tried to edit my ~/.mailcap file and added the following line to the
file. It didn't have any effect.

    image/*; gwenview '%s'; test=test "$DISPLAY"