Re: yasnippet and friends: usefull ?

From: Ian Eure
Subject: Re: yasnippet and friends: usefull ?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:37:01 -0700

On Apr 27, 2009, at 11:34 PM, Xavier Maillard wrote:

Hi,

I was revamping my $TMP directory and found on old archive of
yasnippet.

Does anybody is really using it ? I mean do you find easy to TAB
everytime you are typing code ? How do you use it in real life ?
Don't you think abbrev-* is easier and less intrusive ?

Depends. For simple expansions, I prefer abbrev. Think: pub -> public, pro -> protected, pri -> private, etc.

For more complex templates, I use yasnippet. For example, new file templates (where it's lisp evaluation is handy), class and function templates with docblocks, etc. I use it to reduce the repetitious parts of programming, and let me focus on getting things done.

 - Ian