Re: Make keybindings work in non-Latin layout (as in NTEmacs)?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Make keybindings work in non-Latin layout (as in NTEmacs)?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:01:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 29, 2:56 pm, "cmr.P...@gmail.com" <cmr.P...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I'm typing text in Russian, I wish that Emacs keybindings worked
> without need to switch to English layout. For example, when I hit C-x
> C-s, I wish it worked in both English and Russian layouts.

Not exactly what you are asking for, but you could leave the keyboard
layout as English and use an Emacs input-method (C-\) to enter
Cyrillic characters. The input methods cyrillic-jcuken and cyrillic-
yawerty seem to be made for standard Cyrillic keyboard layouts, but
there are other cyrillic input methods if neither of those matches
your keyboard.