Re: Make keybindings work in non-Latin layout (as in NTEmacs)?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Make keybindings work in non-Latin layout (as in NTEmacs)?
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:55:36 -0700 (PDT)

On 30 апр, 04:01, Jason Rumney <jasonrum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not exactly what you are asking for, but you could leave the keyboard
> layout as English and use an Emacs input-method (C-\) to enter
> Cyrillic characters. The input methods cyrillic-jcuken and cyrillic-
> yawerty seem to be made for standard Cyrillic keyboard layouts, but
> there are other cyrillic input methods if neither of those matches
> your keyboard.

I've just tried using "russian-computer" input method, and indeed the
keybindings continue to work! However I don't find it very convinient
to use different key combos in Emacs and in other applications for
switching keyboard layouts. Also, the keybindings work only if the
active X keyboard layout is "us", not "ru".

Maybe it is possible to solve these problems using the knowledge about
character conversion (available in the input method)? Is it possible
to use input method character conversion table the other direction?

Thanks for your support,
Andrey Paramonov