Re: yasnippet and friends: usefull ?

From: Mike Mattie
Subject: Re: yasnippet and friends: usefull ?
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 02:07:27 -0700

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:34:46AM +0200, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was revamping my $TMP directory and found on old archive of
> yasnippet.
>
> Does anybody is really using it ? I mean do you find easy to TAB
> everytime you are typing code ? How do you use it in real life ?
> Don't you think abbrev-* is easier and less intrusive ?
>
> [not a flame, just curious]
>
>       Xavier
> --
> http://www.gnu.org
> http://www.april.org
> http://www.lolica.org

I have overloaded my tab key to be sensitive to the overlays at
the point and to try various completion methods. I don't need
combos anymore, I simply type tab and it expands symbols,
corrects typos with flyspell, expands templates, moves to the
next template field, or indents a line according to the mode.

Yasnippet is very useful for me. I tried ELSE, but I found the
syntax to be difficult. I wrote a tool that translates from
XML template definitions to ELSE templates, but in the end I
ended up ditching it.

I do wish that yasnippet could handle template expansion within
template fields which ELSE implemented though.

--
GnuPG Key: B9012279 is available from HKP server pgp.mit.edu