Re: extract lines with regexp

From: no-toppost
Subject: Re: extract lines with regexp
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 11:37:56 +0000 (UTC)

someone wrote:
> Anyhow, regular expressions can handle multiple lines just fine:

> theq() :
> non
> theq() :
>
> (save-excursion
>   (goto-char (point-min))
>   (while (re-search-forward "\\(.*\\)\ntheq() :" nil t)
>     (message (match-string 1))))
>
> will produce "A" and "B"

I've had much difficulty in deleteing the multiple pattern
repeating in file/s, which would need:
 delete all lines starting with line containing Str1
 up until/including the line containing Str2,
 provided that   N < number-of-lines-to-delete <  M.

PS
 Since I've suddenly found out how to chroot /<emacs'Partition>
 I'm keen to try my [once looked at]  GNU Emacs 21.3.1 !!

 I've found the powerfull: ^c h i leading to a massive verbose info,
 but can't find how to enter the: edit-eval-print cycle from emacs.

 Please advise,

 == Chris Glur.

Although this NewsGroup still functions well,
there are already many other previously good
NewsGroups which have been crowed-out by
the twittering-idiot-masses. To avoid further
displacement of the NNT-protocol by the
dumbed-down inefficient clik-blogs, we need
to take a stand.