Re: remote file editing over ssh with emacs 22.3.1 on Windows

From: Ian Eure
Subject: Re: remote file editing over ssh with emacs 22.3.1 on Windows
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 11:48:07 -0700

From: Chris Withers <chris@simplistix.co.uk>

(snip)

Can someone point me to what's gone wrong and how I can fix it?

I think this is a known problem with Tramp that comes with Emacs 22.
I think you should wait for Emacs 23.1 (to be released soon), or
perhaps install one of its pretest versions if you need this urgently.

Emacs 22.3 uses Tramp 2.0.58, and 2.1.x is has been out for a while; you might try upgrading Tramp if you don't want to install Emacs 23.

 - Ian