Re: Howto turn on longlines-mode in .emacs?

From: Anselm Helbig
Subject: Re: Howto turn on longlines-mode in .emacs?
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 02:49:49 +0200

Hi!

> Thanks for help. In the meantime I realized that longlines-mode has
> some drawbacks for example it doesn't work correctly with comments in
> latex.

Yes, longlines-mode is great for some files but not so great for
others. You should turn it on for major modes where you need it
regularly by adding it to the major-mode's hook. For one-off cases
file variables come in handy. See (info "(emacs) File variables") if
you don't know about them yet.

Regards,

Anselm

--