Re: how to activate region

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: how to activate region
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 00:59:58 -0400

In article <mailman.7100.1242253215.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:

> When transient-mark-mode is off, there must be a way to activate the
> existing region for commands that require it to be active.  Anybody
> know what it is?  The manual and apropos have yielded nothing so far.
>
> Thanks.

C-x C-x.  This has the side effect of swapping the point and mark, so
you can type it again to get back where you were.

I don't think there's a standard command that does nothing but activate
the region.  It should be trivial to write one, though.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA