How to configure undo steps for single-character insert?

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: How to configure undo steps for single-character insert?
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 07:10:34 GMT

I have noticed - and now read from the manual - that undoing
single-character insert _usually_ removes more than just one character.
However, in Org mode the undo command removes characters one by one, of
which feature I'm not sure if I like about. Anyway there must be a way
to configure this. How? I wasn't able to find info from Emacs nor Emacs
Lisp manual.