Re: ipa and ispell

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: ipa and ispell
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 18:14:54 +0200

> We do? Fix what? Fix ispell? OK. Change Emacs to handle attempts to split the
> minibuffer window other than by raising an error? No - why?.

Fix ispell.el which is part of Emacs and, if needed, provide additional
functionality for finding a suitable window.

> I don't see it as _imperative_ ("we have to fix that") for Emacs to do
something
> special if a program tries to split the minibuffer window.

If a user tries to spell-check a word and is told that some window can't
be split, we have to fix that.  For example, by telling the user that
words in the minibuffer window can't be spell-checked.  I'd prefer a fix
which does spell-check words in the minibuffer window and does not try
to split the minibuffer window, though.

martin