Re: Ediff and merge

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: Re: Ediff and merge
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 12:28:23 +0200

Hello Giorgos,

Yeah ediff is great. I use svn from within emacs with psvn.el. The tool
is called svn-status within emacs. It has built in support for Ediff. I
just RET on a conflicted file and it go to SMerge minor mode (I think)
and from there I can enter ediff.

However, I think "R" is the command I am looking for. When I "A" and
"B"'ed through all the conflict points and I am done I need the command
to end it naturally.

The script you posted looks interesting. Would you be able to post it
again as an attached file? The line breaking has been broken in my
Gnus. Is this script mainly for command line or will it have an effect
when I use SVN through an emacs-mode like psvn.el?

> When you save the merged buffer, the script will take care of saving
> the merged file in your workspace.  Then you can type `r' (resolved)
> at the svn merge prompt, and you are done.
This is really the funcitonallity I am looking for! Is it built into
ediff or do I need your script to perform this action?

Thank you so much for your help!
Rasmus