recover files deleted in Emacs on Ubuntu

From: funny.haha
Subject: recover files deleted in Emacs on Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 19:59:04 -0400

Dear All,

I am running GNU emacs version 22.2.1 on Ubuntu. When I am in DIRED mode, I can delete files by pressing SHIFT+D. My question is that: can I recover the deleted files in case of a mistake?

Obviously, the file is not in the Trash Can of Ubuntu. One work around is to associate "dired-recursive-delete' with perhaps some customized command that moves the file to the transh can. Does any one know how to do this?

Thank you for any pointer.

Kzhu