Re: Accented characters to Firefox: how?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Accented characters to Firefox: how?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 23:22:47 +0300

> Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:22:00 +0200
> From: djc <newsg@resiak.org>
>
> Under Windows I edit text in emacs 22.3.1 with Western European accented
> characters like ä, ü, ç and Ê, and I want to copy it from emacs to a
> Firefox mail composition window.  But the text appears correct only up to
> (but not including) the first accented character, and after that is either
> a series of question marks or else is strangely formatted including
> question marks.  For instance, the text
>
>      ...accented characters like ä, ü, ç and Ê, and...
>
> from the Emacs buffer becomes
>
>      ...accented characters like ??, ?????, and...

I cannot reproduce this.  I'm also on Windows, and I tried Emacs 22.3
and the latest pretest 23.0.93.

I pasted into the address bar and also into the Google search window,
but not into the mail composition window (which I don't have).

What version of Windows is that (mine is XP SP2), and what version of
Firefox?