RE: Setting up a custom info node.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Setting up a custom info node.
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 15:02:16 -0700

Double apologies, if this doesn't respond to what you're looking for.

(1) I haven't really followed this thread and have no special help.
I'm not sure what you've already tried, but you should be able to simply replace
the `dir' file of your Emacs installation by your own `dir' file. Or if you
cannot do that (e.g. you have no access to that location), then you should be
able to change the value of your INFOPATH env variable (or
`Info-default-directory-list' Emacs variable, if INFOPATH is undefined) to
reference your own `dir' file, wherever it is.

This assumes that you've created your own `dir' file to point to the Info
manuals you really want. So my suggestion would be: (a) set INFOPATH to point to
your chosen directory, where you put (b) your own customized `dir' file.

(2) This is off-topic from what you apparently really want (a customized `dir'),
but it responds somewhat to your Subject line, which mentions `node' instead of
`dir':

If you use Icicles, you can create a virtual Info book made up of any set of
Info nodes you like, from the same or different manuals. You can create any
number of such books, for different topics.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles_-_Info_Enhancements#VirtualInfoBooks