Re: Auctex: Save, compile and view together

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Auctex: Save, compile and view together
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 15:35:03 +0200

Am 22.05.2009 um 13:39 schrieb Florian Lindner:

How can I customize my Auctex that C-c C-c does not only compile or save but does everything needed? Save and compile (if needed)

After a save a re-compile is always necessary. If not, then you don't need AUCTeX for this trivial task.

and then view.

Does your question imply that you are using a viewer (for PDF or DVI) which does not automatically re-load the changed output file?

One of my own AUCTeX compile commands looks, as saved customisation, in my init file like this:

("XeTeXx" "%`xetex -output-driver=xdv2pdf%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil (plain-tex-mode context-mode texinfo-mode ams-tex-mode) :help "Run XeTeX with xdv2pdf driver")

So it's obviously a possible option to put between the starting ``"%` ´´ sequence and the final ``%'´´ sequence a command separator or such and add another command (the customisation interface might be easier to use). An option which *will* work is a batch file by some name, used as a substitute for some basic *TeX command, which also can check whether it's worth to launch a viewer application. The latter is not necessary when the previous compilation failed or was aborted ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Treffen sich zwo Parallelen an einer Straßenecke. Sagt die eine zur anderen: "So, hier beginnt also die Unendlichkeit!"